Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Weekend Wrap Up

Just a few pictures from the weekend. We had a weekend at home without much to do for the first time in a long time. Marmee came to visit. She brought the boys coin books for the national parks in each state and the quarters to add to them.


Carson was very good at hammering the quarters in. His attention span didn't last the whole time, but he enjoyed it for a while. Miles ended up finishing his book for him.


Miles loves a good project and my mom always comes up with fun stuff for him to do.


I took care of some things that needed to be done around the house such as scrubbing the baseball uniforms from last weekend. This is the first time that I had to spray them off outside. It actually worked nicely. I scrubbed them on the driveway too. I don't take as much time as I used to with his uniforms, but I still scrub a little. I used Dawn dish soap and a manicure nail brush and they came clean with very little scrubbing.


Marmee agreed to babysit while we had a date night. We went out to eat and did a little school shopping since it was tax free weekend. I'm not buying much until I know Miles is actually starting school. Carson needed supplies for daycare and we bought a few random things for all of us. It was a fun night away from bath time and snack time.


We went to church this morning. There were more people at church than there have been since we closed for a while back in March. It was so nice to see people and worship together. Everyone is still very distanced, but it felt more normal than it has. Something I have unexpectedly enjoyed about the pandemic is having the kids in church with us.


Carson isn't always the best, but he's good enough. The seats are spaced out far enough that he can sit on the floor in front of us and play with his toys. Maybe we shouldn't allow that, but I think there's plenty of time to teach him how to behave in church.


Miles was excited to see one of his best buddies from daycare.


After church, Miles went home with Marmee for a couple days. He is such a homebody, but jumped at the chance to go to her house. I was happy that he was excited about going and I know they will make fun memories together. I think he was a little sad to leave us and Carson, but he did great. He usually looks at me longingly when he's going somewhere as if to say that he's made a mistake, but he didn't do that this time. I can't wait to hear about all they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment