Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2020

Weekend Wrap Up

Another weekend of quarantine and I have to say, it's not all bad. These guys have gotten to fish a lot. We love having Darrin home. Darrin told Miles tonight that he would never forget this time with him.


Since the weather was pretty all weekend, we spent a lot of time outside.


We played a lot of games too. Catan is our favorite. It has been for a while. It's really fun now that Miles has learned how to strategize. He was on a four game winning streak, which is really hard to do in this game, but Darrin finally broke it tonight. Darrin and I were having to team up against him to have a chance. How the tables have turned around here. We also love Rack-o and Qwixx right now.


Everyone worked around the house on Saturday. The boys worked outside while I worked inside. Even though it was beautiful outside, I wasn't in the mood to be out there. I think a long, stressful week at work finally caught up with me. Miles spent a lot of time on the lawn mower, mowing and mulching leaves.


Carson cleaned off his 'lawn mower' and his new-to-him 4-wheeler.


Miles got this 4-wheeler for his 4th birthday and it's been sitting in our shop for years with a bad battery. We've been meaning to buy a new battery for it, but we weren't positive that would fix it. I finally got the idea this weekend to put the battery from his lawn mower in the 4-wheeler to see if that worked. Miles and Carson worked together to move the battery all by themselves and it started working! Carson drove around on it all weekend. He loved it!


He just wanted one strawberry before going outside. He couldn't believe how big it was. And, these Croc boots are wonderful. They are so easy for him to put on and I love that I can spray them off, inside and out.


Carson was very thankful to Miles for making the 4-wheeler work and Miles loved seeing Carson so happy.


There were lots of rides on the big 4-wheeler too.


We had a pet for an hour. Carson really wanted him to stay, but we convinced him that he needed to go back to his friends.


He stayed on our patio during dinner. Carson sat in a chair that faced the patio so he could watch him. After dinner, we set him free and he ventured back across the yard. Carson liked watching him through the sun room windows.


Carson was melting down after two days without naps, so we set up a dinosaur swamp in the bathtub. He was really happy about that.


I bought him a bunch of clothes for summer and organized his drawers over the weekend. This is one of my favorite new outfits. He looks so grown up all the sudden.


Quarantine has allowed for many family dinners. I have new dishes which are just like the dishes we had when I was growing up. It feels nostalgic. I love how pretty they make the table look at dinner.


The boys informed me that it was time to get some popsicles...the true mark of summer. Watermelon Bomb pops are a staple for us.


So are the pineapple apples I already talked about. We use a corer to core the center of 2-3 apples and slice them the same thickness as pineapple slices. Then, we put them in a gallon Ziplock bag, sprinkle with lemon juice, and toss them around. They will stay good for almost a week.


This morning Darrin, Miles, and I watched our church service online while piled in our bed. Carson surprisingly kept himself occupied watching Mickey Mouse. I miss going to church, but this is definitely a good option during this time.


Today, Carson ate lunch in the laundry room b/c he wouldn't take off his boots. I think he was afraid that we would say that he couldn't go back outside. Outside all day is life to him.


I stayed up until 2:30am this morning binge watching Love is Blind on Netflix. I enjoyed the me time, but I was a little blah today. I don't know if it was lack of sleep or the anticipation of another work week. Last week was a very unpleasant week. I'm not complaining b/c I'm thankful that I'm still working and getting paid. Under normal circumstances I thoroughly enjoy my job, so it was just a rough week to have the joy stripped away. We will get through this though! Hoping and praying the week ahead is a little better. We are praying for everyone that is being affected by the virus and quarantine!

No comments:

Post a Comment