Pages

Monday, December 10, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

It was the weekend of parties....four to be exact. Before the weekend got crazy busy, we started off with a little playing and snuggling in bed.


They both love to play on our bed. It kind of drives me crazy b/c they always mess up the sheets, but I've learned to just get over it.


Then, it was time for breakfast. We had eggs, turkey bacon, and homemade biscuits. Carson has had a big appetite for a couple days now, which is kind of unusual for him. He had a ton of ham too.


Darrin took Carson to Walmart after breakfast so I could get started on some things around the house. Carson loves to go to Walmart especially with Darrin. He says "mallmart". Darrin actually went tonight without him and Carson was deeply offended. Miles said, "It's hard to find a kid that likes to go to Walmart, but we've found one!"


Miles made some cookies for his baseball party which was that afternoon. We think it's time he started learning how to cook and read recipes. He likes it for now, so we need to seize the moment. Everyone loved his cookies, so I made sure to tell them that he made them. I think he liked that. After all, he is my child and nothing makes me happier than when people like my cooking.


Carson enjoyed licking the beater.


I made these for the adult baseball party on Saturday night. They are always a favorite.


This is his team and a couple siblings. We include the siblings in things like this and birthday parties b/c they put up with a lot of hours at the baseball field too.


Coach Roger was explaining the rules of Dirty Santa. He concluded his instructions with "get what you get and don't throw a fit". Surprisingly, there were no melt downs. Of course, all the gifts were great, so there was no reason for a fit. Miles brought a huge bag of Sour Patch candy with a $10 bill taped to it. He ended up with a Nerf gun which he really liked.


They ended the party with a couple games.


They are a special group of boys that have been together for 3 years now. I hope they have many more years together...selfishly I love hanging out with their parents :)


Because we do love hanging out, we had a little party of our own. Like Friendsgiving, we played Left, Center, Right. Sadly, Darrin and I didn't win.


Missing a couple, but I love these ladies.


We ate, played Dirty Santa, and then played a couple other games. Darrin was in the middle of the games...


...while I snuggled up with their dog and the blanket I got during Dirty Santa. In fairness to me, I think this was taken close to midnight. Our babysitter text about this time and asked when we would be home, so we left soon after.


It was another fun night with great friends.


On Sunday afternoon, Miles had a birthday party for one of the baseball boys. His best friend, Mason, was also invited to the party too. They were quite happy to spend two hours together since they don't get to see each other as much now that Mason doesn't go to afterschool anymore. I didn't go to the party, but his mom said they were inseparable all afternoon.


And the last party of the weekend was a dinner for the volleyball team at our house. They wore Christmas pjs and played Dirty Santa. We fed them lasagna, salad, rolls, carrot cake, and Dirt Pudding. We also had a couple gluten free options for two of the girls that can't have the good stuff.


It was a fun weekend and the exhaustion didn't hit until I got home from my work out this morning. It was then that I laid on the floor and couldn't move. I finally pulled myself together and made it to work, but I was so tired all day. All I could think about all day was relaxing all night and going to bed early. But, here we are at 9pm and I haven't sat down yet. That's all about to change as soon I hit publish. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment