Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

Not from our weekend, but I have just have to say that nothing reminds me that we live in a small town quite like voting does. We live outside the city limits, so we vote in the neighboring town which has a population of 379. I love living in rural West TN.


As usual, our weekend consisted of lots of laundry. I've been wanting a new washer and dryer for years, but ours are still going strong, so I just can't put it ahead of our other wants/needs. I'll be so glad when I can get a bigger washer so I can do laundry in half the time.


Carson was very helpful, as usual.


We played outside too. It felt so nice in the shade. Carson ran over and grabbed my seat when I walked away for a second. Miles was playing at a friend's house after baseball practice.


I did a little grocery shopping. We've been trying to eat healthier and it's caused a lot of grocery shopping for fresh veggies. We did a lot of meal prep and planning today so hopefully I can stay out of the grocery store for a couple days. It's been hard on the checkbook. In keeping with my plan to make it a better school year, one of Miles' teachers asked for snacks from the approved snack list, so she's getting snacks tomorrow. Ask and you shall receive.


Darrin took Miles to see Mission Impossible Fallout last night. 


Carson and I stayed home. He actually let me sit on the couch and watch some HGTV while he played. The movie was so long that I got some alone time after I put him to bed. He's been so good about going to bed lately that he literally says "books" when he's ready to read books and go to sleep. Sometimes he still cries for a few minutes when you lay him down, but not very often and it's never more than 5-10 minutes.


The boys slept until 7am both days which is a Christmas miracle. They like to come in our room and play on our bed when they wake up. 


Miles also likes to check the garden as soon as he wakes up. He hasn't been able to before school so he was happy to check it both mornings this weekend. He had to draw a picture in art of his favorite thing he did this summer. He drew a picture of the garden. Granted, we didn't go on vacation, but I still think the garden might have won out over the beach if we had gone.


We went to church this morning. We just love our church. 


We aren't ready to give up the garden, so we researched what vegetables can be planted in August and came up with broccoli and cauliflower. They take 100-150 days to harvest, so we aren't quite sure how that is going to work out. 


We absolutely love having a garden. We love eating fresh veggies and giving them away. We still have things growing everyday. We have 5-6 watermelons that are getting big and the bell peppers are growing too.


Darrin had to till up the area for the broccoli and cauliflower, so Carson went and got his lawnmower to act like he was tilling too. He mimics Darrin often.


Carson ate all but two bites of his dinner which is noteworthy, to my dismay. He is such a struggle at mealtime. No matter what we try, he eats a couple bites, if any, and then wants to stand up, get down, or sit in someone's lap. It is very, very frustrating. We are just going to continue with our routine and maybe one day he will catch onto how mealtimes are supposed to go. 


And one of the best things from our weekend is, Carson walked by this box and thought it was Pa, Darrin's dad. He has carried the box around all weekend. At night, he takes the box to his room and sets it on a table until morning. Then, he picks it back up in the morning and carries it around. He really loves his Pa.


I mean, he's not wrong thinking it's Pa.


Volleyball preseason begins tomorrow, so life as we know it is over. This officially marks the end to our summer. It's been good. I'm a little sad that it's about to get crazy over here, but we'll make the best of it. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment