Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

This is more of a 'what we've been doing since last Wednesday' rather than a Weekend Wrap Up. So, last Wednesday I left to go out of town for work. Carson helped me get ready for work.


Miles had another golf tournament. He looked so cute in one of his new outfits. Forget school clothes when you can buy golf outfits!


He shot a 26 last week (on 3 holes). He told me this week that his goal was an 18. I thought for a second about trying to manage his expectations and then (thankfully) decided to let him set whatever goals he wanted to. I got a text from Darrin while I was at work telling me that he had shot an 18! He came in 4th place and won these two golf balls. I think he felt very accomplished.


I got to go to an escape room on my work trip as part of a team building exercise. I've been to a similar place twice before. This trip solidified that I am not cut out for such things. It was fun, but if it were up to me, we would still be trapped. 


Darrin said that he took his shirt off when he came home from work and Carson immediately decided that he needed his shirt off too. His new thing is giving a thumbs up.


Carson and I had to go to Walmart to order some cupcakes for Miles' upcoming birthday party. I can remember taking Miles to Walmart much more often than I take Carson. I can literally only remember a handful of times that Carson has every ridden in the buggy like this. He was pretty good, but his smile isn't exactly a true picture of his behavior.


School starts next week so we are trying to get back into a routine. Miles has been burning the candle at both ends all summer long and his behavior is paying the price. Bring on school and earlier bed times.


Miles was super happy with this ginormous cucumber from our garden. He tends to let things grow a day longer than necessary just to see how big they will get. 


Miles and Carson stayed the night with Darrin's parents while I was gone so the garden didn't get picked that day. This is what we got the next day. All in one day! That is lettuce in the strainer. Tomorrow night for dinner, we are having spaghetti sauce over zucchini noodles and salad with cucumbers...all from the garden.


Carson's favorite place to be is still outside. He says "outside" many, many times a day.


I made Miles come outside with us for a little while day. You can see how thrilled he was about it. He likes to play outside, but nothing like Carson, especially when it's hot.


I did manage to get a few smiles.


I'm pretty sure Miles was only smiling b/c he knew we were about to go inside.


Darrin cut the grass this afternoon while we played outside. Carson is still learning to drive his gator, so Miles took him for a ride to try to follow Darrin. Carson is obsessed with lawnmowers. He looks for them constantly while we are riding in the car. He calls them 'mommawees'.


We threw a birthday party for Miles tonight. It was a glow in the dark dodgeball party. Much more to come on that.


Carson saw the birthday cupcakes today and insisted on having one.


He was in good hands during the party. 


I hope to be back tomorrow night to share more pics from the party. Good night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment