Pages

Monday, June 11, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

We had another hot weekend of baseball. I not complaining though. We love doing the baseball thing as a family, even if it is blazing hot. I will complain a little about this one though. I have to ride in the back seat between his car seat and Miles' booster seat. It's not a comfortable place to be, but it does cut down on the screaming.


I engineered some blanket forts which entertained him/them for a good 10 minutes.


We played in Oxford, Mississippi, which was a new place for us to play. They have turf infields. It was interesting. We tied (due to the time limit) both of our pool games on Saturday. We scored several runs in the bottom of the last inning just to tie, so it was pretty exciting.


After the first game, we met Darrin's coaching friend at Ole Miss to tour their newly renovated facilities. Darrin's team played there several times in his previous job, so it was neat to go back and see how awesome it is now.


After both games were finished on Saturday, it was time for some swimming in the hotel pool. Carson didn't know what to think of his cool, new suit. He kept unzipping it.


The hotel pool was a tiny, indoor pool. The team was cRaZy, so Carson and I excused ourselves and came back to the room for a bath and bed. He was so happy to be back in the room where it was less chaotic. I do enjoy hanging out with the other parents very much, but I have to say that Carson and I had some good, quality time. After his bath, we laid in bed until he fell asleep. He never tried to get down. He kept getting close to my face so he could see me in the dark and then he would kiss my face. Precious time with him!


Miles slept with Darrin and Carson slept with me. In the morning, Carson climbed in bed with Miles and snuggled a little. Those sweet moments with Carson are rare...we all know that. Miles said, "I wish he would stay here forever." Be still my heart....I know the feeling.


We let Miles take his tablet to breakfast b/c playing electronics next to your friends is a thing. Usually we always say no, but we made an exception and he was very excited about it.



We won our first bracket game on Sunday and lost our second. It was good competition. We just didn't have enough that day. We only have two weekends of baseball left until the fall. It went by so quickly!


We got home around 7pm on Sunday. My mom and my niece, Joey, came to stay with us for a few nights. Joey is visiting from Florida. She is my brother's daughter. She and Miles haven't seen each other since they were toddlers. They instantly hit it off. Much more to come on that. We have had the best time with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment