Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2018

This Confirms It & a Good Recipe

We took Carson for his 18 month check up yesterday. It was a family affair since Miles was still out of school for snow.


I was so curious about his height and weight since he hasn't been since his 12 month check up. He is 31.5" long (19th percentile even though he looks so long in this picture!).


He weighs 27.5lbs (84th percentile). Quite a difference from our 3lb 14oz preemie!


Miles was not happy at all about Carson getting shots. Carson is such a tough baby though. He jumped when the shot went in and cried for just a second. Then he was on his way. Miles took good care of him and offered to rub his leg on the way home.


At times, I have seen resemblances in the boys and other times I have seen none. Lately I've been of the thought that they favored each other, but didn't really look alike. After yesterday's visit, I am convinced that they look nothing alike. At 18 months, Miles was in the 84th percentile for height and the 48th percentile for weight. Their body types, looks, and personalities are all very different. I used to want them to look alike b/c Miles was so cute as a baby. Now, I see that Carson is just as cute in his own right.


After his appointment, I went back to work for an hour or so b/c I am so busy right now. There literally aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. When I got home we played with Carson until he went to bed and then played a board game with Miles. Snow days = games in our family. We have played games every day since last Friday.


Thought I would share a new recipe that I tried tonight, Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup. I was starving when I go home from work, so anything would have been good, but this got good reviews from all three boys. I mixed everything in the crock pot last night except the chicken. Darrin added the chicken and started the crock pot at 10am since he was still home with Miles and Carson. I topped mine with Fritos and sour cream and it was really good. The boys left off the sour cream, but I think they missed the boat on that one. We only had one bowl of leftovers so that tells you how much everyone liked it. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment