Pages

Monday, November 13, 2017

7 Happenings Around Here

Miles started a class kids at the gym where I go. The class helps with agility and a little strength training. He seemed to like and went back for a second time today. Darrin said he worked hard.


Family game night with Batman. It was hard for us to keep a straight face. He played like this for a while.


This baby loves his food :)


I know two boys that were happy to have their daddy home this weekend. I had blood pressure issues most of the weekend. It was high and then crashed within hours leaving me feeling terrible. Darrin took the boys to church and took care of them all weekend while I worked on getting my blood pressure back to normal. It finally came up in the afternoon and I felt perfectly fine again.


Carson loves the beginning of Mickey Mouse. He gets so excited and it manages to hold his attention for around 1.5 minutes. No exaggeration.


We had family pictures on Saturday. When the pictures were over, the boys were climbing around on some of the stuff at the park. Carson fell off of a ledge and landed face first. Nothing broke his fall. We really thought his nose was broken. In true Carson fashion, he cried for about 30 seconds and then he was fine. His poor nose was red, swollen, and bleeding from the inside. Thankfully, he looked fine the next morning.


I got a new (to me) car! I've been driving my old car for 8 years and it wasn't new when we bought it. It had zero features and sounded like it could fall apart at any minute. It needed new tires and about $1,000 worth of work, so we decided to unload it. Since apparently we drive cars until the wheels fall off, I wanted to be sure that I got exactly what I wanted this time, including the interior and exterior color. I wanted the interior to be tan leather with black floor boards, and the exterior to be white, black, or champagne. We found this car in Chattanooga and drove 8+ hours round trip to get it last week. We literally prayed as we were pulling out of the drive way that God would help us make it there safely. We had a blow out on the interstate on the way there and ended up rolling into the dealership with a spare on :) They still honored their 'sight unseen' trade in value and the rest is history. I feel like we won at this game. My favorite things are talking on the phone with bluetooth, the heated steering wheel, and how smoothly it drives.


Darrin got a new (to him) truck recently too. We were laughing on the way home from buying my vehicle about the ways we've been impulsive over the years. This actually wasn't impulsive at all, but it was still out of the norm for us. It was actually part of a plan that we devised and we are both so happy with our new rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment