Pages

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up

Ten pics from our weekend in no particular order...

This is pretty much how our house looks 24/7. There's no stopping Carson. Messes and toys all day, e'ryday.


Miles tried to spend the night with a friend Friday night, but ending up coming home at midnight. He said he missed me too much :) I told his mom that might happen and she said it would be no problem to bring him home since Darrin was out of town. I didn't hear her text about bringing him home and woke up to Miles standing in front of me on the couch. Apparently I passed out pretty early. I don't think I mentioned it on here, but I did the same thing the last time he tried to spend the night with a friend. Slightly embarrassing when your 8 year old has to let himself in with the garage code b/c you didn't hear the phone :) I told him we are finished with sleepovers for a while. He seemed ok with that.


A crazy meal that I eat when Darrin travels is cheese tortellini plain. It's really random, but I've been doing this as long as Darrin has been in coaching and now I associate it with volleyball season. Miles doesn't like it, but of course Carson does, b/c "Mikey likes it" always applies to him. He was stuffing it in as fast as he could.


He also double fisted a whole donut this morning. We eventually had to take it away b/c the concept of biting some off was lost on him. He just kept stuffing it in.


The friend that Miles attempted to spend the night with invited him back over on Saturday, which was incredibly nice. While he was gone, Carson and I went to the park. I rarely get time with just him. It reminded me of when Miles was his age. He loved it. He talked and pointed as we walked the track.


He did not love anything this afternoon. He pretty much whined and cried all afternoon. When all else failed, I gave him a big snack and that seemed to do the trick. You think I would learn to start with that.


Darrin likes to put Carson in odd places. He just sat up there and kicked his little feet.


Miles had two late nights in a row. He paid the price today. Lots of yawning, whining, and complaining. He was asleep by 8:45pm tonight, so hopefully he'll be good as new in the morning. He has baseball games or practice four nights this week unless something gets cancelled or rained out. I'm going to have to be on my A game to get him asleep as quickly as possible each night or it will be a rough week for everyone.


Miles is missing his buddy, Mason, this year. They aren't in the same class and don't have the same recess time. They both go to afterschool but it's not enough quality time for Miles' liking. I think Miles enjoys having a couple best friends rather than a bunch of acquaintances. I hear the concern in his voice that Mason is going to find other friends. These boys are close though, and I think their friendship will last a while. They ran into each other at the ballpark on Friday and were all smiles. Currently, they are missing the same teeth and are getting a new tooth in the same spot.


Carson has found his 'business' and regularly checks to make sure it's still there. As I say, he's always taking inventory while taking a bath :)


Darrin was out of town Thursday through early this morning. He played 4 games and won 3 of them! They are off to a good start this year. Preseason is always busy, but winning makes it easier to deal. Off to bed so I can wake up early to work out. Good night, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment