Pages

Thursday, September 28, 2017

Happy Birthday & Other Random Things

Happy Birthday to this breakfast making, music loving, God fearing, caffeine drinking, yard mowing, fun loving, TV watching, special daddy!


Life has been a little busy lately and he was gracious enough to forgive us for not doing anything for his birthday. I couldn't even muster up a card. I love birthdays and I probably would have been disappointed, but instead, he went out early this morning to get birthday donuts for all of us and then left us notes on our beds to tell us how much he loved us. He's so good to us. We will do something to celebrate but it will have to be after the fact. At least his team 'decorated' his office. That's glitter...


One of his players got him an edible fruit arrangement. I don't think we've ever had one. It's awesome. The chocolate covered strawberries were the best.


Carson had picture day today. Unlike Miles' picture day, I actually remembered this one. I was a little concerned, b/c most of the mommas around here dress their boys in knee socks and saddle shoes. That's not our thing and I was afraid he would look out of place, although I think he will thank me when he's older. I didn't see the boys in his class but he seemed to fit in with the ones slightly older. It's one of those sorry, not sorry things.


Just chillin' before school drinking his milk. We switched his morning milk to a sippy cup, so now he only has a bottle at night before bed. I think he'd be fine with a sippy cup then too, but I hate make him give it up so soon. His pediatrician said he needed to be off of it by 15 months. Miles let it go at 18 months, so I'm good with either one.


I had Miles' parent/teacher conference last week. I had to have a phone conference b/c there was no way I could get to the school during the conference times. Plus, I figured everything was fine so I didn't want to kill myself just hear what I already knew. He's been bringing home 100s on everything. She said that she is taking away his multiple choice answers to make it more challenging. He will have to write sentences to answer now. When I asked about his behavior she said that he was "perfect, very sweet and helpful". We know he's a good kid, but I think this is the first time that a teacher has 'gotten' him, especially so early in the year. The last two years he's had to really grow on the teachers. It was very nice to hear. I was happy for him that his little personality is being noticed and appreciated. He wants that so badly.


This is life with two little boys and one big boy.


I had to give up on cute pjs for the last several months b/c Carson was just too difficult to dress. Shorts and a short sleeved shirt were about all I could get on him. Anything fitted or long sleeved was out of the question. He's finally calmed down and I am ready to shop for some cute pjs again. There's nothing cuter than a clean baby, with combed hair, in some adorable pjs.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete