Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Celebrating 8

We partied three days in a row for Miles' 8th birthday. First, we had a small party at our house. We told him he could have a big party and a small gift or vice versa. He chose a basketball goal and a small party. So, we invited 7 friends over to play basketball.


Then, we decided to invite the parents to stay for a bonfire (in August...not smart...it doesn't matter that the sun goes down...it's still hot) and siblings stayed too.


It turned out to be bigger than originally planned, but that's how we roll.



The basketball game consumed around a tenth of the party, but I knew that would happen.

 


I planned a few other games, which they loved.


It was very frustrating trying to explain the rules to them b/c they are 8 year old boys, but I wish I would have planned more b/c they had so much fun.




The boy brought in some serious cash. He says he's saying for a Nintendo Switch. He has over $100, but he's still $300 away. It would kill me to watch him spend his money on that b/c we don't even let him play electronics that must, but if he saves up that much money, I will absolutely let him buy one.



Carson enjoyed the party for the most part. He was a little hungry b/c bites of a roasted hot dog didn't really cut it. Overall, he managed. This is his new surprised face.


These are my girls...fellow baseball moms and 5am work out partners.


The next celebration was on Sunday afternoon. Mason couldn't come to the party, so his mom and I arranged a special play date to help ease their pain.


They are the sweetest friends.


Mason brought a cookie cake, a balloon, and a gift.


His actual birthday started with a wake up call from Carson.


And then some snuggles as Miles woke up. I love this picture. Carson looks so content next to his big brother.



I decided to go to school to watch the eclipse with him, partly for his birthday and partly so he wouldn't burn his eyes out :)




We ended the day with baseball practice...


...and a family game of Yahtzee.


I sure hope this boy feels celebrated and knows how much we love him! I'm exhausted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment