Pages

Monday, June 26, 2017

Randomness from Today

Carson was pretty inconsolable during the night. Usually not sleeping well = sickness. He hasn't really been sick, but over the last week he's had a bunch of unrelated symptoms. The only one that I couldn't explain away was hoarseness. Since he was so upset last night, I decided to take him to the doctor to be sure he didn't have strep or something. I thought it was unlikely, but I can be too laid back at times regarding sickness, so I thought we better at least call. The nurse thought I should bring him in for a quick look. He loved the monkey mural on the wall.


She said his throat was red, but that it looked viral as opposed to bacterial. From the looks of it, she said that it was probably hurting him. Hopefully he's on the end of it now since it's been around 5 days already. We left the doctor and picked up Miles on the way home. Then, it was pancakes and sausage for dinner. Everyone was excited about that. Miles and I both got the giggles at dinner. Lots of laughs were had. I was laugh-crying before it was all said and done. 


I am in the process of redoing Carson's high chair (which has gone terribly wrong...a story for another day b/c I am not happy about it at all) so he just roamed the floor while we ate. We reached down and gave him a bite every now and then :)


We did finally give him 2 jars of baby food b/c she said soft and cold would be best for his throat. We've been trying to get away from baby food, but clearly he still loves it. He gobbled it up.


Our long summer days have been fun. A little more chill and less structured. We have been glued to the College World Series for weeks. We let Miles fall asleep watching it on the coach. That's what summers are for, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment