Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up

On the way to work on Friday, Darrin called and said the he decided to go recruiting and needed to leave now. That happens every now and then. Usually he's pretty good about planning and communicating, but when he starts to get stressed about recruiting, spur of the moment trips tend to happen. Marmee came for a visit this weekend, so it was good to have some company while Darrin was gone. Miles likes to eat whip cream off the top of Marmee's coffee every morning.


Carson had his 6 month check up on Saturday morning. I took him while Miles stayed home with my mom. He weighed 16 1/2 lbs, which is up from a week ago, but I had just fed him.


He was in the 25th percentile for weight and height. So proud of our growing little man! Patiently waiting for the doctor to come in...


She checked his blood sugar b/c I mentioned that he soaks through diapers like crazy. Turns out he's just a big eater :) His blood sugar was on the high side, but again, I had just fed him. She said that she wasn't worried.


He got two shots and has been very cranky ever since. His poor legs have big red bumps where the shots were given. Have I mentioned how much I dislike immunizations???


Saturday felt like a spring day and the sun was actually shining after days and days of rain, so we went to the park.


I offered to take Miles to a drive through zoo that is close by, but he said he'd rather go to the park. While we were there, he ran over to me and told me that we should come more often.


We invited his friend, Gaige, to meet us there and he did. There was also another girl from their class there. The three of them had the best time playing.


As soon as the sun started to go down, it got cool quickly. I hated to make Miles leave b/c he was having such a good time and the weather wasn't bothering him a bit. Carson and I sat in the back of my car and watched him from there. It was perfect.


Miles was fine with this arrangement. He's waving in this pic.


Carson was content to lay there for at least 30-45 minutes.


Miles was a little chilly by the time we got home, so he took a warm bath and decided to play a while. He was missing Darrin so this was a good distraction.


Carson and I hung out a lot last night b/c he was so ill from the shots. Side note, I've gotten over only posting what I think are decent pictures of myself on here. I know that my boys will enjoy seeing pictures one day of Darrin and me with them, especially everyday pictures. That's more important than how I feel about a picture of myself.


Looks like this might be our new sleeping arrangement when Darrin is out of town. Carson started out in his crib, but ended up joining us around 2am. I had already let him 'cry it out' to get himself back to sleep three times and I was over it. Hot natured kids!


The kids sang at church this morning. Miles did not want to participate, but I dropped him off in his class in a hurry and he didn't have much time to think about it. I was glad. The poor kid is going to miss out on so much in life b/c he will not push himself outside of his little comfort zone. It's hard to tell, but he is front and center on the top row. He's to the left of the kid with the red plaid shirt. He knew every word and motion and sang to his heart's content.


After church, we ran to Walmart to get a few things.


Carson was a trooper even though he didn't feel good. Still chilling with his pink pacifiers.


Today is also the first day of a new feeding schedule and he handled it perfectly. We are transitioning to a breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bedtime feeding. Basically, more food and less formula. It means that the feedings are a little more spread out and there is four total instead of five. I hope it equates to longer naps and better sleep at night. The theory about better sleep at night is b/c he will drink less during the day and maybe his diaper won't be soaked at night and wake him up. We just can't figure out why he is so restless at night. It's not b/c he's spoiled b/c he doesn't really even know that we come in there, if we do at all. Most of the time he cries himself back to sleep within 5-10 minutes. His pediatrician said that he's probably not even awake and I think she's right. She recommended that we get him as full as possible before bedtime. If that doesn't help, it might just be him. Please no! I really, really need and want him to sleep better.Time for bed and then another week ahead. These weekends fly by too quickly :(

No comments:

Post a Comment