Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Our Thanksgiving Day

Crystal & Steve spent Wednesday night with us, so they could cook the turkey early the next morning. We eat Thanksgiving lunch at 11am b/c some have other places to go. We just hung around that morning.


Darrin's parents came early to spend some time with us...and probably Carson b/c they knew that he would be popular once everyone arrived. 


We did most of the setting up that morning and it took longer than expected.  In years past, we have done all that in the days prior. 


We had 38 people, so it was a little bit of a challenge to find room. I always like for everyone to have a seat. 


The first year we hosted, we used real plates and real silverware. That is really hard with that many people. So, I gave up on real plates, but stuck with the silverware. Even though we set up the food buffet style, I still like to set the tables and it just looks better with silverware.


Everyone brings food which makes hosting 38 people possible. Tony & Steve carving the turkeys...


Miles learned about the wishbone at school. He got the side of the wishbone where you wish is supposed to come true. When I asked him what he wished for he said, "A baby sister." I explained that wasn't going to happen and he said, "Oh, it's going to happen." I don't know what to say about that. 


The food was all delicious.




After lunch, the cousins had fun hanging out together.










Poor Carson, didn't get any attention...






Even when he was sleeping there were people staring at him. He was so good all day.


Everyone seemed to enjoy just hanging out and talking. Like father, like son...









Of course we played cards well into the evening...




And then after everyone left, Crystal and I ventured out for our second annual Black Friday shopping trip. We had so much fun. We only went to 4 stores, but I think we shopped for a little over four hours. Crystal is a great shopping partner b/c we both have a list and we stick to our list & our budget.


It's been a great Thanksgiving weekend. We enjoyed having everyone at our house so much. It's been a great time with extended family and our little family of four. I don't know if I'm exhausted from the weekend or b/c I have a newborn, but nonetheless I'm afraid Monday is going to be a rough one. Have a good week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment