Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

That Time I Got Married on My Birthday

Well....as we all know, I got married on my 25th birthday b/c it's my most favorite day of the year.  There's just something special about birthdays to me.  I love mine & I love to celebrate other people's too.  I love how your phone & Facebook blow up all day.  It's just fun.  We partied a little this weekend b/c today is filled with work & volleyball practice.  That's ok b/c I love to drag the celebration out anyway.  We were supposed to go to Opera House to eat dinner on Saturday night but I have a nagging cold and volleyball had a disappointing loss. Not a good combination, so we settled on Snappy's for pizza instead.  No complaints here. 

Yesterday, we went to Sonic for ice cream...


Then, they gave me one of my presents, which was a UTM shirt.  Just my thing...


This morning, I was attacked in bed at 5:15am and given a birthday & anniversary card, and another gift, which was a gift certificate that will be used on a pedicure. Yes, please!  I usually leave them both still in bed in the mornings, but Darrin knows that I love when they wake up with me. 

We made a quick trip to the donut shop before work & daycare...



I had a surprise from my boss waiting for me a work, even though she's off work today. Super thoughtful. She knows I like birthdays too :)


Mid morning, these sweet flowers were delivered to me from Miles...


I may have already known about them b/c one day last week as Miles & I were eating dinner he said, "We got you flowers for your birthday, but don't tell Dad I told you."  He was very nonchalant about it.  He knew about the flowers b/c he had to sign the card...


Next, I went to lunch with my coworkers & an ex-coworker that we all still claim.  On your birthday, you get to decide if you want everyone to bring breakfast for you or if you want to go out with everyone for lunch.  I always pick lunch b/c I like hanging out with my work friends.  I've been taking pictures to capture my whole birthday, but I forgot a picture at lunch. What a party foul.  It was a very fun part of my day despite the lack of a picture. 

I was sitting at my desk after lunch and someone called to say that there was something for me downstairs.  By the sound of her voice, I thought it might be flowers, but who could they be from since I already got some from Darrin Miles??  I quickly reminded myself that it was probably copy paper, printer ink, or something like that.  But no, it was flowers from Darrin...


These flowers are some of my favorite flowers I've ever gotten.  They are in a pint size mason jar with chalkboard stickers on them.  I love the size and the colors.  They are perfect.


Typically we aren't big gift people.  There have been many years that we didn't do anything, especially early on when we didn't have any money.  Sometimes we only give cards or just go out to eat.  I admit that I do like my birthday to be special.  I even got a little bratty about it yesterday b/c I knew I would be at work all day and that Darrin had practice tonight.  

We agreed to not do anything for our anniversary.  You remember all the "lousy" tshirt sayings?  I feel like I need to have one made for Darrin that says, "I planned the best birthday/anniversary for my wife and all she did was iron my clothes"...


Growing up, one of my many household chores was to iron everyone's clothes.  Early in our marriage, I showed Darrin how I iron his clothes since he liked how I did it, and he's been doing it himself every since. But, I know that he really likes when I will do it for him, so I surprised him by picking out and ironing his game clothes for the upcoming weekend.  Since we weren't supposed to be exchanging presents, I thought it would be a nice gesture. He seemed to like it when he saw it late last night before bed.  That's all I've got folks. I even forgot a card (for the 2nd year in a row).  Thank goodness Darrin isn't bratty like me.

After work, I went to the gym for a quick class.  They tried to make me do 13 burpees for my anniversary and 38 push ups for my birthday but I had to leave a little early to go get Miles. I was supposed to do them at home, but I kind of forgot. Shhhh.


Miles and I stopped by practice after I picked him up from school.  We ended up staying an hour and a half.  We only left b/c Miles fell and jammed his finger. He was really just hangry (hungry & angry - have we discussed this??) so the world would not be right again until I fed him. Mysteriously after dinner he said his finger didn't hurt anymore. I'm shocked.
 
It's been a great day!  Happy Anniversary, Darrin! Lucky 13!!!  I still have a birthday celebration planned with some friends tomorrow night and with my mom this weekend.  You know I can't just celebrate on the actual day.

No comments:

Post a Comment