Pages

Friday, October 24, 2014

Taking A Break

I've decided to take a little break from blogging.  I'm not sure how long it will be.  It might just be until after volleyball season, which is mid-November, or it might be until after the first of the year. 


I may pop in from time to time on a Wordless Wednesday, but for the most part, I'll be absent.  Things just feel very busy right now with work & volleyball.  I'm going through some changes at work & volleyball season is not going well.  Life feels a little overwhelming & heavy right now.  Our happy place is our home, so that's where I'm going to focus for a while.  We understand clearly that our jobs are just a small part of our blessed life, but they do play a big role in our happiness & how we feel. I'm thankful to God for every good thing.  Just hoping a break from having blogging on my to do list, as well as a break from airing things out all the time, will be a good escape.

Before I go, a little catch up and photo dump.  Miles & I went to the circus in Martin. It was an interesting affair. Our church provided free tickets though, so we were appreciative of that.




It was unbearably cold and we ended up leaving at the intermission.  I grossly underestimated how cold it would be even in the tent.  We saw a few interesting/entertaining things (depending on how you look at it) in the time we were there.



Darrin's brother & his family, Aaron, Jessica, Jayci, and Rowan, came to watch Darrin's team play at EKU a couple week's ago.  It was a 7 hour trip, one way, with a newborn. Very, very nice of them.  Darrin was excited to see our niece, Jayci, and meet our new nephew, Rowan.




Miles is all ready for Halloween.  In case you are wondering, this is the Red Power Ranger, not a Michael Jackson Ninja as pointed out by a friend.


Lots & lots of Legos have been going on lately...


Miles writes me love notes all the time.  They all say the same things. "Mom I love you"..."Mom Miles" with a heart....a heart with "Mom" in the middle.  I get at least one a day.


I received some pretty awesome birthday & anniversary gifts from my mom...


...and a yummy cake.  Birthday cakes are a love language in our house...


Miles filled up his sticker chart at school for the first time ever!  They only have a certain amount of time to complete it before they trash them and start a new one.  He earned a Tootsie pop & was extremely proud.


I think that catches us up.  Take care until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment