Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

St. Louis - Day 2, Part 1

Day 2 was a busy, busy day, so I'm going to recap this in two parts, day and night. We started the morning with breakfast at Panera or St. Louis Bread Company as they call it there.  Same thing.  Miles ate a cookie for breakfast, b/c what's the difference in a cinnamon roll or muffin and a cookie, really??  Nothing in my book.


Next, we headed to the City Museum.  I heard so many good things about it & it did not disappoint.  Wow, what a cool place.  It was by far the highlight of Miles' trip. He's already asked to go back to St. Louis for this alone.




 




He climbed over everything.  It was so hard to keep up with him b/c he could fit in smaller spaces than us and the slides come out at different levels.  We only really lost him once though :) Darrin & I had to divide and conquer to try to keep our eyes on him. 





For a kid that is supposedly scared of heights, he climbed to some pretty high places.  I think he climbed a few times without really understanding where it was taking him. There were a few things that were definitely too high for him.


Darrin & I tend to have short attention spans when it comes to places like this.  I was exhausted from following Miles up, down, and through everything, so I suggested that we go to the zoo and he took the bait.

Darrin & I went to the St. Louis zoo before Miles was born, but Miles has never been.  We all love a good zoo.  I remembered not being a huge fan of this zoo and not much has changed for me.  It was just ok.









I would say that the zoo was the low point of the trip, but we still haven't discussed my screw up. We'll get to that in a minute.  After a couple hours at the zoo, I turned to Darrin and said that I was over it b/c I hadn't seen an animal move in over an hour. I don't know if it was the time of day or what, but it was a very boring trip to the zoo.  Again, my feet were killing me, so we went back to the hotel to rest before the Cardinals' game that night.

So....the week before vacation, I was trying to find the details for our hotel reservation that I thought I booked through Hotels.com a month earlier, and couldn't find them anywhere. I searched through email, tried to log into an account online, and finally called Hotels.com to find out that they did not have a reservation for us. I had spent some time booking that exact hotel and it was full now, so I had to find another one. This time I used Priceline.  It was frustrating, but it all worked out...or so I thought.

At breakfast, Darrin said he had to make a call and stepped away from our table.  Just knowing him, I thought that he was either planning a surprise or something was wrong.  I gathered that it was the latter.  Long story short....I did book the hotel the month before like I thought I did, but it was through Booking.com. It must have been a pop up on Hotels.com or something b/c I have never used Booking.com.  He happened to pull up our account that morning and saw the extra charges.  Thankfully after several calls, Darrin was able to get the extra room refunded.  He was so nice to not involve me until he pretty much had it cleared up, b/c he knew I would FREAK out.  This trip was just not my A game.  I'm usually so organized & on top of everything. This trip was anything but.  If I didn't know otherwise, I would think it was pregnancy brain or something.  Trust me y'all, it's not.

That sums up the first half of Day 2.  Exhausting & hot for the adults & heaven for the kid.  The second half of the day was not without it's highs and lows.  We'll discuss tomorrow. Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment