Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

It was a very busy weekend for us!  Our internet has been down since last week, so I haven't been able to blog.  We think lightening messed up our internet along with the TV in Miles' room.  Unfortunately, his TV was only a year old, and was one of two smart TVs in the house :(  Anyway...our weekend started with a date night on Friday night.  Allie, one of the volleyball players who is in town for the summer, babysat Miles.  He was so excited.


We ran some errands in Paducah and then went out to eat.  We took a selfie in the car on the way home in the glow of the break lights in front of us.  Total fail.


The company I work for had an employee celebration at Discovery Park on Saturday. The marketing department had to work, which meant getting there bright & early. We always have fun together at events though. I guess if we didn't like stuff like this, we wouldn't be in marketing.  My work friends make everything fun.  Mitsie, DeAnna, and me...


Angie works in Hendersonville, so we don't get to hang out with her very often...


Bethany...


Melanie...


Angie had a baby in January, and we finally got to meet Nora.  What a doll...


Even though we worked the event, we still got to register for the door prizes since it was an employee celebration.  There were tons of great prizes including iPads, a TV, an XBOX, and tons of giftcards.  I won $100 VISA giftcard!!  So exciting!  It went towards Miles' new TV that was purchased tonight.


Our event was for employees and families, so Miles & Darrin came.  Miles got to see Ansley, b/c her dad & I work together.


While I worked, Darrin & Miles explored Discovery Park.  They even went up in the tower.  Miles is always saying that he's scared of heights, so I was very surprised to receive this picture from the top of the tower...


After the event was over, we walked around for a little while, but they were pretty much over it.  I was a little sad, but I was tired too.  The heat took a toll on all of us towards the end of the day.


On the way home, we stopped at the store to get some stuff for a cook out and made it home around 4pm.  Soon after, we hopped back in the car and went to the locker room due to bad weather.  It's our safe place. Miles wrote "bad weather" on the board.  All the letters are there, but no quite in the right order...


Our friends, Aaron & Carrie, joined us with their little ones.  I told Miles & Ansley to look scared & this is what I got.  I think Miles might just be cold.  He looks like he's warming his hands :)


After Darrin finally gave us the all clear, we came home to grill & hang out with Stephanie.  Miles was very excited about Stephanie coming over.  Unfortunately, I have no pictures to show for our night.  We ate, played cards, listened to music, & laughed a LOT!  Good times for sure.  Waiting for Stephanie...


Sunday we went to early church.  Then, Darrin played golf and Miles & I went to the splash pad with friends.  We ended up staying for two hours.  Both of us were very happy to hang out with our friends, even if Miles did play with the strangers that were there more than his friends.  The strangers had water guns, so you know.






The ice cream truck even stopped by.  Oh how I love living in a small town.


Solving the world's problems.  I would love to hear this conversation...



Like I said, it was a very busy weekend.  I was tired waking up for work this morning.  Lots of fun though.  We can catch up on our rest in the winter.....there's just too much fun to be had in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment