Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Summer Nights

We enjoyed an ordinary summer night around the house.  We watered & took care of the flowers.  It's crazy how much I'm enjoying growing things this summer.  Now that the weather has finally warmed up, my flowers are looking better.


My lettuce is growing.  I thought it was weeds at first b/c it looked like clover.  I've never grown lettuce before so I didn't know what to expect.  I finally figured it out.  The left side is baby romaine.  It doesn't seem to be doing as well as the regular romaine yet.  We had to do a little more work to keep the rabbit out.  We'll see if this does the trick... 


I cut some fresh cilantro...


...and made some salsa....


I also baked an apple pie to take to some friends tomorrow night along with dinner.  Apple pie, homemade salsa, being outside...it feels like a very southern kind of night.  While I was cooking & baking, the boys were cutting the grass...


Well, Darrin was mowing and Miles was following Darrin around.  Miles got tired of the dust in his eyes.  He went in the garage and came out like this...


This picture....


...reminds me of this picture from a couple years ago.  He used to call this his lawnmower...


Now it's time for bath, snacks, TV, and bed.  Hope your night was good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment