Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Welcome to the random edition of Weekend Wrap Up.  I've already taken an Ambien, so I feel like I'm racing against the clock to write this post.  Our snowy day continued on Saturday.  We ventured out in the morning to get Miles' hair cut and then to Dollar Tree to reward his good behavior.  $3.29 is so little to pay for my sanity. 

On the way home, we came up on a car in the ditch.  The police stopped us and didn't really want to let us attempt to cross the bypass to get home.  Thankfully, we were less than a mile from home and they let us go.


We played games in front of the fire that night.  We can't get enough of the fireplace.


Church was cancelled this morning.  We made cinnamon flop for breakfast. 


I must share this recipe.  I love it because I generally have all the ingredients at home and don't have to make a trip to the store just to make it.

Cinnamon Flop
Mix together 2 cups of self rising flour, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 cup of milk.   You may have to add more milk to get all the flour & sugar mixed together.  I've learned you can't really mess it up.  Spread in the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle the top with 1/2 cup of brown sugar.  Then, sprinkle generously with cinnamon.  Pour one stick of melted butter over the top and bake for 20 minutes on 350.  While it's baking, mix powered sugar & water together to make a runny icing.  I don't measure the icing, but it's probably 2 cups of powdered sugar.  Pour it over the top when it comes out of the oven.  

It's so good & so easy.  You can also half the recipe, which is what we did this morning.


After breakfast, I worked around the house....laundry, wrapped presents, ordered some things online, etc...and played, of course...


When Miles woke up from his nap, we went and got more firewood from Darrin's Uncle John & Aunt Kim, and went to Walmart.  Miles & I ate spaghetti, while Darrin worked via a conference call for a couple hours. 

Miles eats so much.  He's definitely going through a growth spurt.  He's outgrowing his 4T clothes.  The other day he said, "Do you know how hungry I am?"  I said, "No, how hungry?"  He said, "Infinity.  I'm never going to stop eating."


Another funny comment by Miles the other day....Darrin was washing grapes and dropped one.  It rolled under a console table in the kitchen.  He asked Miles to pick it up.  A few minutes later, Darrin asked him if he picked it up.  Miles said, "Yes, I ate it....but I knocked the fur off first."  Awesome.

And for the last random thought of the night...my mom bought Miles a Lego Advent set.  It is the cutest Advent calendar ever.  You put something together everyday to make a Christmas scene.  He is very routine about it.  He walked downstairs this morning and first questioned if we closed the flue on the fireplace last night.  Apparently, that was bugging him.  After Darrin assured him that we did, he immediately started today's Legos.


I think my time is running out for the night.  Miles had a mini freak out at bedtime tonight, which was slightly exhausting.  I think he's had a lot of time at home with us, which is code for a lax schedule & getting his way a lot.  Back to the real world for everyone tomorrow.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment