Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving

What a great Thanksgiving!  Crystal spent Wednesday night with us.  We had fun hanging out that morning getting everything ready. 


We took our annual Thanksgiving picture before everyone arrived.


I caught a lot of flack over this one.  I just get tired of the awkward family pics like the one above.  I'm standing on my toes in that one.  There were several comments on Facebook about how Darrin is holding me like he's holding Miles :)  I must admit, that is really funny.


Thanksgiving 2013 will be talked about every year from now on.  Since there was going to be 30+ people, we planned on having two turkeys and a ham.  Crystal cooked one of the turkeys, we bought the ham, and Darrin's cousin, Amanda, was responsible for the other turkey.  She was the last to arrive and when I met her at the door, she informed me that the turkey was in the yard.  Not so funny for her at the moment, but VERY funny afterwards.  We survived just fine without it.










The not so kid table...


After lunch, several people disappeared upstairs to take naps.  Someone said at one point that every room had someone in it.  Fine by me.  I would rather them take a nap than leave!  Steve slept too long and got attacked...


Josh & Brandon were nice enough to do all the dishes...







Miles loved hanging out with his cousin, Keeley.  How cute is she??


I made mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, caramel pie, fruit tea, and an apple cheesecake recipe from Pinterest that took hours of my life that I'll never get back.  It was good, but not that good.  I also bought the stuff for party mix, which is a random assortment of Chex mix, nuts, M&Ms, snicker bites, caramel popcorn, Whoopers, and whatever else you want to put in it.  Next time, I think I'll skip all the other stuff and just bring the party mix.  Way easier and definitely the best thing I made.


Lots of laughs...





...and games...




It really was a great Thanksgiving.  We had company from 11:30am to 9:30pm and that is what I had hoped.  I wanted everyone to come, eat, & stay.  I loved hosting it & hope everyone wants to come back next year.  We did miss my mom & Darrin's parents, who were out of town.  They had a great Thanksgiving too so that's all that matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment