Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

Problem Solved

Miles' bald spot has been getting bigger and bigger.  We've been trying to remind him not to twirl his hair.  I've taken pictures of his bald spot so he could see how bad it was.  I've even tried to teach him how to play with his hair without twirling it.  I knew it was going to be a hard habit to break.


I've been racking my brain about what to do.  Finally it came to me.....cut his hair so he can't twirl it.  Why didn't I think of this sooner???  Before...


After...


He seems really proud of it.  I am a fan too.  I think we need to keep it short for several months to try to break the habit.

He did not want to cut it.  I was really afraid of how the hair cut was going to go, so I started promising things...anything if he would just behave.  We landed with 5 items from the Dollar Tree if he was good.  7 items if he was really, really good.  10 items if he let her use the clippers.  And he would not want me to leave out that he would get 0 items if he was bad.  He earned 7 things b/c the clippers were out of the question.

At the Dollar Tree, he bought trophies for Darrin & me for being the best mom & dad ever.  Darrin said it was totally his idea and he couldn't wait for me to get home from work and see my trophy.  My paper says "Really, Really Best Mom Ever".

No comments:

Post a Comment