Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Our weekend started with Pizza Hut & bowling with Granny & Pa on Friday night.  Unfortunately my new camera stinks.  I don't know what the problem is.  I had a Nikon, rarely took the thing off the auto setting and it took great pictures.  So, I bought another Nikon and all my pictures are super dark, whether they were taken inside or out.  I edit them as much as I can, but when you start with terrible pictures, it's hard to make anything out of them.  It makes me want a new camera already, and that's just not happening.  I still like these pictures even if they are dark.

Darrin helped Miles a few times...



Then, he did everything by himself...


 




 


He had fun...

 
 


But, a lot of the night looked like this...


He just wanted to us to play Justin Bieber over and over on the jukebox...


...which lead to dancing on the bowling alley floor, which lead to discipline and trips the bathroom to "talk"...


The guys only bowled one game and then played some arcade games.  I think this was Miles favorite part...


After bowling, we went to a local coffee shop for dessert, but they were having live music and there was no place to sit.  The music sounded really good, so I was a little bummed to leave.  We all got our drinks to go & headed home.  It was probably for the best b/c Darrin had to leave early the next morning for Dallas.  His travel schedule has been intense so far this year.  He scheduled an early flight on Saturday instead of leaving Friday night just so he could be home one more night with us.  I am so thankful for a husband and daddy that is willing to go out with us on Friday night, get up at 3:20am to drive an hour to the airport, stand in a gym all day for work, and not go to bed until almost midnight....all to do it again the next day.  It means a lot to Miles and me, especially since our love language is quality time :)  Darrin- you are the best.  I couldn't do what you do.

Saturday morning, Miles woke up at 7:15am and I somehow convinced him to lay in bed with me until 8am. While I'm bragging on Darrin, I'll share another tidbit with you all.  Darrin gets up with Miles every morning, weekdays & weekends.  He's a morning person and usually jumps out of bed.  I am a morning person too, but I like to lay in bed as long as I possibly can.  Once I get up, I'm fine.  Anyway....when Miles & I are home alone, I miss laying in bed while Darrin & Miles do their thing....pancakes, coffee, Sports Center, Ninja Turtles...I'm spoiled.  I know.

Once we did get out of bed, Miles played while I did some stuff around the house.  He looked through his new Highlights magazine that came in the mail last week.  It was a Christmas gift from Granny & Pa and he likes it a lot...


I needed to go to the grocery store, but I really do not like grocery shopping with Miles.  Since I only shop every two weeks, it takes a while.  Miles has a history of not-so-good behavior in the grocery store.  I contemplated getting a babysitter for a couple hours, and then I realized that was ridiculous.  Instead I made sure he ate a good snack before we went to give him the best shot for good behavior.  I also made a grocery list for him so he could be involved.  I saw it on Super Nanny once...



We survived our two hour trip and he was great.  I think he's turned the corner on grocery shopping.  He can handle the idleness a little better now, thank goodness.  When I was tucking him in on Saturday, I asked what his favorite part of the day was and he said Walmart :)


We had to go to our local Walmart again that night b/c the Walmart we went to in Kentucky (15 minute drive = no sales tax on food = yes please) didn't have a few things and we rented two Red Box movies that we had to pick up.  Miles also got his Valentines for his friends at school.  He carried them through the store...


After our second trip to Walmart, I made a new recipe on Pinterest, Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup.  It was a hit.  The salads "with crunchy things" aka croutons were Miles' request.  Both were really yummy.


We watched Hotel Transylvania.  Here are our best monster faces...


I thought the movie was really cute and was actually glued to it, only for Miles to request Ninja Turtles when there was only 30 minutes left in the movie.  I obliged and he went back to his usually Fix It Felix belt and Ninja Turtles sword...


This morning we went to church and then took a long nap together.  Hair like this is a true sign that you got your nap out...


This afternoon consisted of a lot of playing in the kitchen floor while I cooked...


Darrin is on his way home but having some trouble with weather and airport delays along the way.  To sum up our weekend & this incredibly long post, Darrin is the best & we hope he's home really soon.  And, Miles & I enjoyed our quality time and feel ready for the week.  Have a great one everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment