Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Our Nights Out

This doesn't really go with the rest of the post, but....last night before bed Miles informed us that he wanted waffles for breakfast.  I told him that we didn't have any. He said that he wanted some from Huddle House.  Now, I can count on one hand the number of times he's been to Huddle House, but somehow, in the midst of bedtime, probably in an effort to delay, it seemed like the perfect thing to ask for.  And, what Miles wants, he usually gets.  Exhibit A....


That was extra.  Now on to what I'm really talking about.  Tonight was Dad's Night at daycare. Darrin said he was pretty good except when he had a slight melt down b/c another kid wouldn't share a toy.  I'd say he fared better than I did on Mom's Night.  Neither of them talked much about what they did or even if they had fun, but Darrin did manage to take two pictures...



While the boys were having a grand time at daycare, I was enjoying dinner & a movie with friends.  Only a few of us were lucky enough to sneak away from the husbands and kids long enough for both.  Dinner was yummy and there were lots of laughs too...



Then it was time for the movie.  They are all used to my camera by now.  I actually made them stay after the movie for some pictures.  They humor me and I love them for it.




We went to see Safe Haven.  I've been seeing all these comments on Facebook about how sweet the movie is.  It is sweet.  However, I guess everyone failed to mention that it's scary too.  I am a huge wimp when it comes to scary movies.  I don't like any part of them.  Darrin travels too much for me to see anything that could haunt me later.  Thankfully it had the predictable ending that never gets old for me.  I don't know if the guys had fun or not, but I had a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment