Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Living in a small town never gets old for me.  People ask me all the time how I can stand living in a town with hardly any restaurants, no malls, no Target, no Kroger or Publix, and a population of around 11,500.  The truth is, we survive just fine...and a lot of us actually like it.  Small towns also mean no traffic, no crime, a very low cost of living, and running into someone you know everywhere you go, which I also happen to like.  I was running on a treadmill at the gym tonight and realized that I knew 3 out of 4 people on the other treadmills :)

We spent New Year's Eve at one of the four Mexican restaurants in town with our friends, Bethany, Josh & Gray.  We ate while our kids went a little crazy and were on our way home by 7:15pm to ring in the new year at home.  Small town living is just simple.




I came to college here 18 years ago and never left.  Now, would I have guessed that? Never.  I grow more attached to Martin all the time though, and thankfully I think Darrin does too.  We used to think it was a sure thing that we'd move away one day, but I tend to think the odds more in favor that we won't leave now.  Fine by me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment