Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Lots of Food & Laughs

Last night, we went to Texas de Brazil, in Memphis, for my work Christmas party.  I have been at my job for 11 years, and I've worked with a lot of my direct co-workers for many of those years.  There are over 400 people in my company, and 7 of us in the Marketing department....and that's who we went with last night.  We have a great work environment.  We enjoy what we do, and who we do it with, very much. Meet my friends...

DeAnna & her husband, Shan,


Jerod (the lone male in the department...poor guy) and his wife, Lindsey...


Bethany and her husband, Josh...


Melanie and her husband, John...


Angie and her husband, Corey...


...and our fearless leader, Mitsie, and her husband, Ricky.  Mitsie actually hired me 11 years ago and brought me over to the Marketing department when she became the Marketing Director around 9 years ago.  Mitsie & Ricky have also been great friends of ours outside of work for a long time...




There was a lot of SEC championship game watching going on while we waited for our table...


If you've never been to Texas de Brazil.....GO!  It's so good and the atmosphere is a lot of fun.  I recommend going with a group, b/c I think that was half the fun.  It's called a "continuous dining experience" and they don't use the term loosely.  You begin with a large, extravagant salad bar and then they start bring random meat around on swords.  Sounds weird, but it's fun and delicious.


They bring around chicken, steak, pork, lamb, sausage....cooked all different ways....


If you want some, you kind of flag them down and they cut it off for you.  Everyone has their own tongs to pull it off....


Each person has a card that is placed near your plate.  Green means go and red means stop.  Our waitress explained that you turn it on red when you "need a break". 


Breaks were definitely needed...


Then, it was time for dessert.  They bring a tray around and explain whole lot of stuff that we didn't understand.  It all sounded good, so it really didn't matter.  We picked our desserts and then she explained a few things that are poured on top.  There were a few of us suckers that fell for the "add on". 


Clearly we had no idea what we were ordering...


Lots of laughs were had...







At the end, we were really full...



I am so lucky to work with people that I consider true friends...


.....and their spouses are pretty great too....especially the one that told me I had toilet paper on my shoe as we were leaving the restaurant.  You're the best!  Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment