Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

This is going to be short & sweet because it's been a busy weekend and I just want to sit on the couch and watch Sunday Night Football.

Friday afternoon, I left on a road trip with my bestie, Stephanie.  We drove to watch Darrin's game on Friday night at SIUE in Illinois.  We unintentionally took the scenic route, so it took us just over four hours to get there.  I forgot my good camera...party foul...the pics are not good at all :(  Ready for the game...


Go Skyhawks...


It was our first conference game.  Unfortunately, we did not win.



Miles stayed home with my mom.  Saturday, she took him to get a hair cut.  He looks thrilled....but it was followed by a trip to the donut shop and tons of fun playing for the rest of the day.  They even had a picnic in his playset in the backyard.


We spent the night at a hotel on Friday night and then traveled to Charleston, Illinois to watch another game on Saturday against Eastern Illinois University.  The game didn't start until 1pm, so Stephanie and I did a little outlet shopping around 30 minutes away from the school and showed up about 2 minutes before the first serve.  Perfect timing if you ask me.  I brought some signs and the crowd had fun.  We played well and came away with the win.



After the game, we drove home.  Stephanie and I stopped for more shopping and some dinner at Outback on the way home.  I finally pulled in my driveway at 10pm.  I walked in to a quiet, dark house....I think everyone, including me, was exhausted from the weekend.

This morning, we went to church...


Put on some tattoos...



Had family nap time...




....and played outside...



I think everyone had a fun weekend.  I was really tired from all the driving here and there (over 10 hours altogether), but it was worth it.  I had never been to either of those schools, so it was good to see them and be there for the opening weekend of conference games.  Thanks to my mom for watching Miles so I could go, and for all her help around the house.  We are all very thankful!  And, a big thanks to Stephanie for being my travel partner....I promise we can eat somewhere other than McDonalds next time.  There will be a next time, right???  I hope everyone has a great weekend.  I was about to say that I'm going to try to blog a little more, but I have another busy week at work, church, and home.  I'll see what I can do....good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment