Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

Well Darrin was out of town this weekend for his last weekend of preseason!!  I think preseason might be my most dreaded time of the year...so I'm glad it's over.  He left on Thursday morning and got home late last night.  Friday night, Miles spent the night with Darrin's parents.  It was nice to have a break.  I haven't been feeling great since starting some new Lyme medicine, that I just realized I haven't blogged about....maybe I'll blog about that this week.  Anyway...after Miles left with Granny & Pa, I made a quick Walmart & Subway trip and then watched a lot of TV.  On Saturday, I did six loads of laundry and laid on the couch every second that I wasn't doing laundry.  It was nice....and much needed.  By the end of the day, I was actually hurting from laying around so much.  

Today, we went to church, took naps, watched football....you know, the absolute best way to spend a Sunday.  It would have been better if the Titans had won and my Fantasy team had done better, but it was still great.

When Miles got up from his nap, he played with his new toy from Aunt Crystal and Uncle Steve.  It's a fireman backpack that shoots water.  Very cute...



It's all fun and games until you get a little water in your boots and then you are confined to the steps b/c you don't like to go barefoot in the grass.  But hey, I'm not faulting him b/c if you know me, you know that I don't even like to go barefoot in my own house.  True story.


Then, he wanted to play with "the toy that Gray got him" which is moon dough that makes popcorn.  He loves this birthday gift.  


My child is such a homebody, so he's been very happy to be home all day, just playing in his room and playroom.  With that said, a day doesn't go by without the random fit...


It's been a good weekend.  I feel ready for the week ahead, which will be busy as usual.  We have a home volleyball game on Tuesday, AWANA on Wednesday night, I have to work in Memphis on Thursday, and then I'm leaving at noon on Friday to drive to Darrin's game, which is four hours away...spending the night...and then traveling to the game on Saturday.  I'm sticking with my vow to not take Miles to any night time volleyball games for the rest of the year.  His Granny is watching him this Tuesday and my mom is coming to spend next weekend with him.  So, as I said, a busy week ahead.  I hope everyone has a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment