Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Our Morning Routine Sans Daddy

Darrin has been out of town since Sunday.  Mornings used to be very hectic when he would go out of town, b/c he handles most of the morning duties with Miles.  Now that Miles has gotten older, and more independent, we've found a morning routine when Daddy is out of town that leaves both of us happy.

When I get up, I make his pancakes, pour some milk, and set out his vitamins on the table...he doesn't care that his pancakes are cold....trust me...


....I put his clothes in the living room floor...


....I turn the tv on one of his favorite shows and pause the tv...and then I hide the remote...

 

When Miles wakes up, he potties by himself...


...eats breakfast...

 ....and then after he gets dressed, I tell him where to find the remote...we call it a treasure hunt. Then, he can push play & chill until it's time for school...


Of the four mornings this week, 3 were great and 1 was a disaster.  I had to rush him one morning b/c I had to leave for work 45 minutes earlier than usual.  He didn't care for me rushing him which lead to a loss of patience on both ends.  So it goes with a toddler.

Our week by ourselves came to an end today.  My mom and my niece, Anna, came for a visit.  Anna lives in Texas and we are thrilled to have her here.  Miles told everyone at daycare that Anna was coming.  I think he's just a little excited...


Darrin will be home in a couple of hours.  I have very much enjoyed some quality time with Miles, but it's so nice to have my mom, Anna, and soon Darrin, home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment