Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 16

Well, I'm on day 16 of the detox.  It has gone really well, but I feel myself losing my will power.  In 15 days, the most I cheated was one Dove chocolate, 2 cups of Crystal Light energy, and a couple mints.  It has been so much easier this time.  When I start to think about how bad it is, or how hungry I am, or how much I love brownie batter....I just push it out of my mind.  Tonight, I kind of lost it a little.  I ate one of Miles' chicken nuggets, 4 french fries, and 2 Dove chocolates.  Tomorrow is a new day and I need to get back to it.  I've done too well to give up now, especially with only 12 days to go.  Plus, I want to be able to tell my doctor that I did the detox faithfully.

Part of the reason that I feel myself giving up a little is b/c it has not helped at all.  In fact, I may have felt worse over the last couple weeks than I did before I started.  I've had a headache EVERY day, and muscle pain, neck stiffness, and joint pain on a lot of days.  I've come to the part in the detox that I am supposed to be adding different foods back in systematically and keeping a journal about how they make me feel.  In my mind, it doesn't really matter b/c I haven't felt any better.  This lets me know that my symptoms are not from a food allergy.....to which I say thank you Lord.  Really, I am very thankful.  I didn't want to eat like this for the rest of my life. 

I'm guessing we will treat the specific Lyme bacteria that is known for causing neck stiffness and headaches. I've been tested for it twice and both were negative, but that's how Lyme is.  I'm confident that my doctor will move forward with that treatment based on symptoms alone.  Bring it on....I am ready to try it.  In the meantime, I'll go back to my fruits and veggies for 12 more days.  I do get to eat chicken and turkey starting on Thursday....so that will be helpful.  

Darrin's parents came to see us yesterday.  We had fun visiting with them.  They got a new car, so we looked at their car and then Miles had to show them his car.  He also showed them how fast his new shoes are....and they read a few books....



Thanks for visiting Granny & Pa!

No comments:

Post a Comment