Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Like Father, Like Son

This picture quality is terrible, but I had to post this. It's just adorable. Darrin was stretching his leg and Miles decided he need to also. I love how their clothes match too. Whenever Darrin dresses him, they tend to match.

Some random thoughts...

I'm beginning to think spring/summer is here to stay. I don't like to switch clothes out for the upcoming season until I'm sure the weather is going to last. I just have an issue with wearing a turtle neck one day and sandals the next. So, I've been holding out, but seriously....it's hot outside. I ordered a few summer clothes online and plan to get the shorts & tees out of the attic this weekend. These gestures will surely bring the first big snow of the year.

Our house is officially for sale. I hinted last week that we were looking and talking about moving but we weren't that serious until we found a house that I might cry if I don't get. Truth be told, I think Darrin might shed a tear or two also. The house we want is for sale by a relocation company so we have to sell ours before we make an offer. They will not accept any offers with a contingency to sell. We've had one person look at our house. Darrin & I have sold three houses and none have gone quickly so I'm not optimistic. It's really a shame b/c I've already mentally moved in and decorated the new house on Pinterest.

I went to a consignment sale tonight to shop for some summer clothes for Miles. I put his clothes in this sale every spring and fall. I didn't have a lot to sell this time, but I put them in just so I could shop early.....and it was so worth it. I bought some adorable things including Easter shorts & back up pants in case it's cold (which it always is), swimming shorts, play clothes, orange chino pants (what up Kevin Creech??), and two pairs of shoes. Shoes at a consignment sale tend to creep me out. They have to be barely worn which these were. This is the best I've ever done at this sale....so, so happy. Oh, and I also got Miles a Mr. Potato Head Pirate for $2. He got Spud Lightyear for his birthday from his friend Maddie and he LOVES it. He was so happy with the Pirate version and said "Arghhhhhh" all night.

Miles has taken a step back with potty training. Super annoying. He's been having tons of accidents and bed wetting incidents. I don't know what else to do at this point. For now, the plan is to stop talking about it. He knows what to do and how to do it. He is smart and stubborn....which makes me think that if we leave him alone, he'll decide to do it on his own. We shall see. He's also been a handful at bed time. Tonight he went to bed and didn't get up once. So, I'm going to take advantage and go to bed also. Sleep tight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment