Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Memories

Just a few things I want to remember about Miles...

1) His answer to everything is "because"....but it comes out "be-tuz". "Miles, why didn't you eat your breakfast?"..."be-tuz". "Miles, why did you bite your friend at school today?"..."be-tuz". For the record, he's not a biter, but he did a random incident last week. The teacher said that she wouldn't have known about it but he told on himself.

2) He is the sweetest, most loving child. He randomly tells us that he loves us. He can be playing in his playroom by himself and he will say "Daddy, I love you". Or, while driving to school he'll say "Momma, I love you".

3) Last night was the first night that he sleep in underwear....and he did great. He's taken a few steps back on potty training, so his teacher suggested that we stop the Pull Ups at night and commit to underwear 24/7. He did great! It also carried over into today. It was the first day at daycare and home that he didn't have a single accident all day. I am so happy....the mismatched clothes and Walmart sacks full of wet clothes from daycare every day were about to get the best of me.

4) He wants a little sister. I hesitate to type this b/c I don't want to invite any questioning. I promise, there's nothing to talk about. He just wants a little sister....not a brother....a sister. He's very consistent and seems to know what he wants.

5) He doesn't use a high chair anymore, at home or at restaurants. For the most part, he does a pretty good job of sitting at the table and eating. Here are a few pictures from dinner at Outback that I took over the weekend. I love the look he's giving Darrin.


6) He must be going through a growth spurt. The child is eating so much. He's still a great eater, especially fruits & vegetables. His favorites right now are oatmeal, grapes, & marshmallows.

7) The bedtime woes that I talked about several weeks ago are gone. Thank goodness. That was not a fun spell but it reminded us once again that persistence pays off. We also moved his bedtime back an hour. It's now between 8:30-9pm instead of 7:30-8pm. I really struggled with this decision b/c I am such a believer that kids need a lot of sleep. It really seems to be the right thing for him. He's still getting 9-10 hours and we get to spend more time with him. Win, win.

8) He's the greatest. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment