Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I Love Having Friends

There was a time, after Darrin and I first got married, that we didn't really have many friends.....specifically couple friends. I think most couples go through this, especially soon after you get married. He had friends and I had friends, but "we" only had a few couple friends.

Our Sunday School class has grown tremendously over the last several years and has become so active with church and non-church events. The class is too big now to invite everyone to every event, so random groups get together here & there. It's fun, b/c it's always different groups. Some people hang out together more than others, but I still don't feel like there are any cliques.

I love having a ton of people to do stuff with. Last Friday, eight of us went to Patti's to eat & look at the Christmas lights. I didn't take any pictures during dinner b/c I'm already stalkerish enough with my camera. I thought I would just let everyone enjoy their dinner, and then I'd harass them with my picture taking.

Here I am just easing into the pictures...


The lights are amazing. I cannot imagine how long it takes them to put them up. These pictures don't capture a tenth of them.

The girls found a good place for some pictures. While we were waiting for the guys to catch up to us, Rachel was trying to get the heater to work. It was cold....

Carrie decided to warm up the picture spot and I guess Rachel decided the heater was a bad idea...

More posing from Jeni Beth and Carrie...

Aaron & Carrie...

Josh & Jeni Beth...

Travis & Rachel...

Awww...
In this picture, I am sitting on Rachel's lap and Carrie is sitting on my lap. I'm not sure how Rachel was making it. I was trying to hold myself up which resulted in my legs feeling like I had just done a wall sit at the gym...

Not a very unique pose from the guys...

Not too shabby for a self timer shot that Carrie taught me how to use that night...

I so {heart} my friends, and am very thankful this group and all the others that we get to hang out with. We went to the Christmas parade tonight a totally different group, and have plans on Thursday with some more. Bring on the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment