Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Winter Reprieve

We spent most of our Saturday doing necessary chores...errands, hair appointment, laundry, dishes...and tried to do some grocery shopping. Grocery shopping is an event for me. I do a big shopping trip every two weeks and then try to only go once in between to get a few fresh things. This plan saves me time and money. The less I'm in Walmart, the better for our budget. And for those of you that aren't from around here, Walmart is the only place to shop. I also drive to Fulton, KY which is 15 minutes north so I don't have to pay sales tax. As I said, it's an event.

Whenever possible, I con Darrin into going with me. Today, I spent over an hour organizing coupons and typing my grocery list b/c that's what I do. I type it in the order of the store. Don't judge, it's just who I am. We loaded Miles up and drove to Fulton. We got about half way through the list and the power went out. We didn't think much of it and just kept shopping. It's Walmart, of course it won't be out long.

As time passed I started to get a little nervous. Then they started announcing that you only had 10 minutes to check out before the registers would lose power. We were not going to be finished in 10 minutes so we decided to continue and hope for the best. About that time the manager walked by. I asked if he had any idea how long it would be and he said he couldn't get in touch with the electric company. Not a good sign. We decided to try to check out with what we had. We made our way up front and starting checking out. The register quit mid way through. So we piled the bagged groceries back up on the check out and left. I was so frustrated after all the time with the coupons, the list, the driving, the shopping....ugh.

Driving home we decided to go to the park so Miles could see the ducks. It was so pretty outside and he really needed to stretch his legs outside after being couped up all winter.






It was the perfect place to go after a frustrating shopping trip. He loved it, so of course we did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment