Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Stop #4...Christmas Morning

We spent Christmas morning at my mom's house with my mom, my brother, Jeff, his wife, Jeree, and their two kids, Ben & Anna. The kids slept in until 7:30am, so the adults had a little time to get up and get situated before the madness.

Miles had a few gifts from us...some wrapped, some not....a stocking filled with things like batteries, bubble bath, Tylenol, finger puppets, and socks (I thought I'd buys some necessities while he's still too young to notice)....and a remote control train from Santa. I was proud that we didn't overdo it this year b/c he just doesn't care yet. I did learn a valuable lesson. Next year, I will take the toys out of the boxes and then wrap them. It took me forever to untie all the wire ties and cut the plastic zip ties. I'd prefer not to waste half of Christmas Day on this ever again.

Here is the remote control train that Darrin and I have grown to dislike immensely. The train is possessed. It randomly makes noises and moves on it's own. We thought it might be on the same frequency as the neighbor's garage door opener...not so. It even moves when it's turned off. And, there's no volume control, only loud.



He doesn't really care about the controller, but he does like to push the buttons on the side.

Miles didn't feel good when he woke up. We thought he might be getting sick.

After some Tylenol and some milk, he was fine.

Miles is already enamored by Ben's electronics, and Ben is kind enough to share.


After all the gifts he received, he kept asking for a wooden duck that has been around since I was a kid. Here he is kissing the duck....

My mom has a Thomas the Train table at her house. We thought he would be too young for it for a while. No way...the kid L-O-V-E-D it. It was in her bonus room. The plan was to go up every now and then to play. After going up Christmas morning, we had to move it to her sun room, which is where his play area is. He had a complete melt down at the mere mention of going downstairs without the train table. He played and played and played with it.

It was a white Christmas. We didn't play in the snow but we did go out long enough to get some good pictures.




Hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment