Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Healthy Deliciousness

Thought I'd share a few new recipes. I've been on my doctor induced, gluten & sugar free diet for 15 days. While it hasn't been fun, I have learned a few new recipes that will stick with me after the diet is over. Thought I'd share since they are so healthy for you & your family. Darrin & Miles like them too.

Roasted Vegetables
Cut up vegetables that you like into bite sized pieces. My favorite combination is red potatoes, carrots (whole carrots, not baby carrots), celery and onion. Paint the bottom of a 9x13 pan with olive oil. Add the vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil. Stir vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. I've found that a lot of pepper makes them tasty. Try to spread the vegetables in a single layer. Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.


Baked Apples
Quarter several apples and cut out the core, leaving on the skin. Place them in an ungreased 9x13 dish. Pour sugar-free apple juice (name brand makes it taste better than generic) in the dish about half way up the apples. Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon. Bake at 350 until the apples are soft.


Apple Cider
Add a few sprinkles of cinnamon to sugar-free apple juice and microwave until warm. Stir & enjoy.

Roasted Salted Almonds, made by Blue Diamond, are a delicious & healthy snack also. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment