Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Daycare Christmas Party

Today Miles' class had a Christmas party at daycare. Parents were invited to bring a treat and come visit during snack time at 2:15pm. Since Miles' favorite snack food is marshmallows, I made chocolate dipped marshmallows with sprinkles. After they passed out all of the food, Miles went straight for the marshmallow, as did several other kids. Success!

When I got there they were already sitting down at their little tables. I think it is the cutest thing to see all of the kids calmly sitting and eating their snack. In the background you can see his three main teachers...LtoR...Ms. Melessia, Ms. Pilar, and Ms. Debra. They are wonderful. I am so thankful for the structure and love they show Miles everyday.




This is Miles' friend, Amelia, that I blogged about a couple posts ago. They have really become big buddies. Yesterday when I dropped Miles off, she was so excited to see him. I told him to go say hi to Amelia. He walked all the way around the other kids and patted her on the back. So sweet. When I say her name, he repeats "Me Me". He saw her picture on the computer tonight as I was looking through all the pictures from the party....he literally ran over say "Me Me, Me Me, Me Me".

After snack time, it was play time. It was fun to see Miles in his environment. He was definitely right at home. He got a little hyper after snack time. I thought he might be on a sugar high...and that we might have a mini repeat of the other night...but he was only wound up for a few minutes. Whew....


They even got to play with fake snow. There are two student helpers in his room, Ms. Paige and Ms. Amber. They do a great job with crafts and fun projects. Miles always comes home with the neatest things.

Here's where it gets good. The last activity was music with moves and instruments. As you can see, Miles was very focused on this part. He worked it out on the dance floor. He was pulling out all his moves. His favorite dance move is the one foot pivot...spin in a circle until you get dizzy. He did that one. He would also squat down and jump up. I had a few people ask if he got his moves from Darrin or me. Unfortunately at this point I believe he has been cursed with my rhythm, or lack thereof.


This is the window that overlooks the car lines. This is the afternoon hang out as they watch for their parents to arrive.

I had to go back to work, which I thought would be hard on Miles, but he was playing so hard with the fake snow that he didn't have a clue I left. It was a very fun filled hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment