Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bowling

I bet you are wondering how I came up with such a catchy title? Sometimes I just have to be happy with the fact that I'm posting something. I've been in a lull lately. It's not that I haven't wanted to post...I just haven't really had anything to say. I love reading about the day to day, mundane activities of other peoples' lives on their blogs but somehow feel like mine would be just that....mundane/boring.

Aunt Crystal got Miles a bowling set for his birthday. Since he got so many new toys, we just put the bowling set in his playroom and thought we'd get it out when the new wore off of the other gifts. Miles had a different plan. He came and got Darrin the other day and took him to the playroom and pointed to the bowling set. Being the excellent Daddy that he is, he set it up and let him go to town. After he went to bed, I cleaned it all up and put it back in his play room. The next day he came and got me and took me back to it again.

I grew up in Florida where bowling seems to be a big deal. I spent a lot of time as a child running around the bowling alley. When I was 5ish I had a freak accident at a bowling alley and had to get stitches in both of my heels. I was also on a bowling team around the same age. I had to include that fact b/c Darrin thinks it is hilarious. He brings it up every time we go bowling (which isn't very often).

So maybe it's appropriate that Miles is fascinated with his gift from Aunt Crystal. He, however, will not be on a bowling team. Unacceptable sport for our son. I've always said that my kids won't know that certain things exist....such as carnivals and soccer (we've since changed our mind about this)....I guess I can add bowling teams to the list. Crystal- if he finds out and wants to join the local bowling league, I'm coming after you.





And yes, this last picture did make me realize that it's time for a hair cut.....or maybe just a trim....

No comments:

Post a Comment