Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Lions, Tigers, & Bears....Oh My!

That was the theme of Miles' birthday party on Saturday.....Miles is turning 1 oh my! We decided to have a very small party b/c Miles tends to be shy around crowds, and you never know how it's going to go with a one year old, so no need in added stress. Turns out, I think it was a great decision. He seemed to have fun and we enjoyed the party too.

There is so much hype around certain occasions/milestones....and a baby's first birthday is definitely one of those times. I have to say that his first birthday lived up to all my expectations. It was such a fun day. We had the party from 1-3pm and then all the family left and Darrin and I just hung out with Miles for the rest of the day. Darrin is so busy this time of year.....it was just nice to chill out as a family and celebrate his birthday.

Obviously he didn't know we were celebrating but I know I did a lot of reflecting over the last year. We've come a long way from that first night home from the hospital when we were literally scared to go to sleep. Lately it's hit me how much I have stressed and obsessed over Miles during the last year. I have unrealistically wanted everything to go perfectly. That's just my personality. I've always been this way. At times it lets up and then other times I can't seem to catch my breath. Now that the first year is behind us, I hope I can relax a little and just enjoy Miles.

I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves b/c it took me forever to upload them and now I'm tired! Thanks to everyone that made his birthday special. He (we) loves you all!



























He was asleep 5 minutes after everyone left. Party til you drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment