Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Relapse

Many of you have asked about my headaches. After a lot of research and experimentation, I really thought the headaches were under control. They have never completely gone away, but for several months they seemed to be manageable. To get to the manageable state, it took regular chiropractor visits, a combination of medicine (Celebrex, Toprol for blood pressure, & a water pill), and no bananas.

In the past 2 weeks, the headaches have come back with a vengeance. I've been having to take pain killers to get through the day. The only thing that has changed is I've been going to the chiropractor less, which you are supposed to be able to do after you have been going routinely for a while. I've done a lot of research about foods that cause headaches and really felt like bananas were the only food that I could link to my headaches. Starting tomorrow I'm going to eliminate cheese and nuts and see what that gets me.

I really don't know where to go from here. It's frustrating b/c I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason....no pattern....no cause and effect. I want to throw my hands up but the headaches hurt too bad to give up. I keep thinking that the farther I get away from when I had Miles the better I will feel. So far that hasn't been the case. I did start working out again last weekend. Tonight was my 5th night in a row. Woo hoo! I'm hoping that might help the headaches.

Just wanted to give an update since so many of you have been faithful to check on me and ask me how I'm doing. Really hoping I stumble across an answer or cure soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is the worst. When you have a medical problem that causes pain and NO explanation..... exasperating.

    I will be praying for total healing AND an answer!

    ReplyDelete