Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Vacation Plans

Our summer vacation is booked!!! We have been throwing around several ideas for vacation for the last several weeks. It's been a random mix of ideas from Charleston, SC to Washington D.C. The plan all along was to leave Miles with my Mom half the time and Darrin's parents the other half. I really didn't care where we went as long as we went somewhere, especially since we didn't go anywhere last year since I was pregnant.

The only week that we had available the whole summer between our schedules was the week of July 4th. I knew that would make things more expensive but it was the only week we could go. We decided that Darrin was going to plan it. He's really good at getting deals on Priceline, so the plan was to wait until the last minute and hopefully get a great deal. I told him I didn't care where we went, and gave him our budget. He started looking online immediately.

The day after he had his instructions, I came up with a plan. No surprise, right? What if we rented a house on the beach and invited our family? Within an hour, I had found the house. I emailed the link to Darrin and told him my plan. He thought it was a cool idea. He called his sister and his parents. I called my Mom. Within 24 hours, everyone was in and the house was booked! Darrin's brother & his wife, Aaron & Jessica, have also since confirmed.

These are the kiddos that are going. I can't wait to get more pics of them together.


The plan is to play in the sun all day and play games all night. Darrin and I love the beach, and swimming in general. We can't wait to get Miles in the water. We also love to play games and cards, me a little more so than Darrin. Last weekend we were playing a game at Darrin's parents. Crystal was there too. At one point during the game it got chaotic. No one was paying attention, everyone was talking over each other, Darrin was frustrated, kids were everywhere.....I asked if anyone wanted to back out of vacation, but no one took me up on the offer. I'll refrain from calling it the "Annual" trip to the beach until we see how the first year goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment