Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Summer Time

Darrin and I love summer time. He would prefer that it was 100 degrees year round. I like the seasons. I think that comes from growing up in Florida where there really is only one season - hot. The start of every season is exciting to me. I associate each season with things that I like.

Spring is my least favorite just b/c there are less things that thrill me about this time of the year. I do like thunderstorms and the fact that summer is on it's way. My next favorite is winter. I love winter clothes...turtlenecks, scarves and Uggs....just lovely. I also like the holidays b/c of all the family time that goes along with them. And, days that you are snowed in and get to play cards and boards games all day are fantastic. My next favorite is summer. I love swimming and sun tans. And I love, love, love cook outs, which is what we did on Saturday. We had Darrin's parents over. It was beautiful outside.

Miles and I laid on a blanket in the front yard while Darrin hit some golf balls.






Back to my commentary about seasons....my favorite is fall. Awww...volleyball and football. It's simply wonderful. I love the weather...the smell of tobacco barns when I'm driving to my mom's house....bonfires & smores....my birthday/anniversary....I could go on and on. I kind of wish my life away b/c I'm always looking forward to fall. Just the other day I saw something on TV about football and commented to Darrin that it wouldn't be long.

Volleyball is obviously a huge part of our lives. Volleyball season, August through November, is the pay off for all the work the rest of the year. For me, it's the reward for Darrin's extensive travel schedule during the off season due to recruiting. There's so much talk about volleyball in our house year round (I wouldn't have it any other way) and the season is when all that chatter plays out. You just can't beat fall. For now, I'll try to enjoy my second favorite season.

No comments:

Post a Comment