Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Stay-cation

We are chillin' at home this holiday weekend. I decided Miles needed some sort of water toy. I came across this and thought it would be so much fun for our weekend at home. Yesterday we spent the day at Darrin's parent's house where we learned that Miles does NOT like cold water....not even a little bit. He screamed and cried when we put him in their kiddie pool. In his defense, the water was freezing. So, while he napped for 2.5 hours (definitely a record for Miles) after church, I filled it up so the water would be warm when he got in. The hose attaches to the side and squirts water through holes in the center and all around the edge. It creates about 2-3 inches of water in the middle.

It took him a little while to look around and figure it out, then he loved it. Here he is just checking things out.

At this point he had warmed up to it enough to let me get out without coming after me.

I've never seen a baby that liked sticking his face in the water. He does it in the bathtub too.

Maybe we need to get a water fountain installed in the house since he still won't use a sippy cup.

Sticking his face in the water again....

He decided to get out and explore the backyard a little.





Our afternoon outside completely wore him out. He came in and played for a little while. Then I gave him a bath....he fell asleep in my arms while I was drying him off. I was still sitting the side of the tub and his eyes were shut! He's asleep in his crib now with only a diaper on. I'm sure it's just a cat nap since he fell asleep at 6:30pm. More fun in the sun tomorrow!

Sidenote...someone could make a killing it they created an adult version of this water toy. It was perfect to lay out in. I laid back in the rainbow "canopy". Maybe I should go on that inventors reality show.....

No comments:

Post a Comment