Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

Persistence....

....is about to pay off for someone...Miles or Mommy. Here I am again, blogging about bed time. I'm trying to distract myself from the fact that my baby is screaming in his crib and has been for just short of an hour. I have half the people saying "let him cry" and the other half saying "just throw him in the bed with you and sort it out later". I tend to side with the first opinion, so we are really trying to tough it out and let him cry.

With that said, Miles is one persistent little boy. A couple nights ago he cried for an hour and a half, nonstop. This lead to me being sick at my stomach and Darrin finally caving in and sleeping with him on the couch. I know, I know....we only make it worse when we do that, but it's hard. Do you remember these nights? During the daytime, it sounds very logical to say that "he's going to cry it out tonight". At 12:58am, logic is gone.

Tonight, we are at 54 minutes. Just plain stubborn. He must be my child. When you pick him up he instantly stops crying. So, obviously there is nothing wrong. He's just spoiled and we've encouraged some bad habits that we are paying for now. This is hard.

It's now 1am. I said I was going to give it an hour. It's been an hour. Now what? Give in and allow the last hour of crying be for nothing? Or, continue to allow this screaming? How long can he do this? He's so tired. I should mention that we gave him a bottle, Tylenol, a pacifier, turned on some music, and I have leaned over his crib and patted him until I thought my back was going to break. I'm at a loss. I just took my blood pressure and it was 141/93. Did I mention this was hard?

Blogging has been very helpful at distracting me, but he's still crying. He seems so close to giving up but then he starts screaming again. I am going to visit my mom tomorrow and Miles is staying here with Darrin. I have a sneaking suspicion how this will go tomorrow night despite my pleading with Daddy to not sleep on the couch with him.

I don't like this option but I think I'm going to try putting him in his bouncy seat, in his crib. Oh wait....the crying has stopped. Could it be? Waiting...still waiting...nope the crying has started again. Hope you all are having sweet dreams as I type this. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment