Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Mr. High Maintenance

Miles was fussy and needy all weekend. He's fine during the day but becomes very clingy at night. We alternated nights with him on the couch. I took him to see Dr. Bates this morning. I really just wanted him to check Miles' ears and listen to his lungs. He said everything looked and sounded good, and that it was probably just congestion and possibly a viral infection. We just have to wait it out.

My biggest apprehension is Miles' schedule. From birth, we have had him on an eating/sleeping schedule. I'm convinced that is a big reason why he is good natured and sleeps through the night. Dr. Bates assured me that we just need to do whatever we need to do to get through, and that most babies will return to their schedules within a few days. I know he's right, and that a 7 month routine can't possibly be undone in 1 weekend, but it still makes me nervous. Hopefully he'll be back to our cheerful and independent little man soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment