Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Hungry Hungry Hippo

Miles is a very predictable baby. Every day he eats four 7-8 oz bottles, two stage 2 veggies mixed with some cereal, and a stage 2 fruit mixed with 5 Tbsp of cereal. In other words, he's a big eater. If at some point during the day he doesn't eat any part of this food combo, he will be up in the middle of the night wanting to eat.

Yesterday he decided he didn't want his 4pm bottle. Not sure why....but he wasn't having it. He ate his bedtime food around 8:30pm and went to bed for the night. I told Darrin before we went to sleep that he would be up. At 11:30pm he started crying. I let him cry for a little while. He wasn't going to stop. So, I fed him 6 oz and he went back to bed.

At 3:30am, he started crying. Again, we let him cry....until it turned into all out sobbing. Darrin got up and fed him 6 oz and he went back to bed.

Despite how it looks from his chubby cheeks, we don't feed him every time he cries. He's always eaten on a schedule. That's actually one of my things....I always try to investigate to see if it's something else. I've learned his cries, and last night he was definitely hungry.

Feed me, feed me, feed me!


We tried some yogurt melts and some sweet potato puffs. This was his reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment