Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Finally

I got my test results back on Friday. The blood tests all came back fine. The MRI showed that I have a bulging disc in my neck. My doctor believes this is the source of all the headaches. It really explains a lot....why muscle relaxers, heating pads, massages didn't help...and why I can't lay on my back b/c the back of my head and neck are too tender. I have to follow up with a neurosurgeon in 2 weeks to confirm this diagnosis. If it is confirmed, my doctor thinks it will be fairly easy to treat with traction and physical therapy.

I really felt like the MRI was completely unnecessary but I followed through with it just so I could check it off the list and then get on with finding the problem. I can't explain what a relief it is to hopefully have an answer. When I walked out of the office on Friday, it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment