Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

More Headaches...

My OBGYN told me to follow up with my family doctor on a few issues, so I did today. The migraine medicine I tried helped but not for long. I explained to the nurse that I had a baby a couple months ago and for the last month I've had excruciating headaches and joint pain in my hands. Even though I've lost most of the baby weight, my rings still don't fit b/c my knuckles are swollen. Without even telling her about my high blood pressure during pregnancy she said that's what she thought it was. She said that high blood pressure causes both of those symptoms. She took it and it was 147/99, which the doctor felt was too high for my body type. He gave me meds for blood pressure and a water pill to help with the swelling. The nurse explained that she needed to weigh me to make sure I didn't loose too much weight while taking the water pill. WHAT? Sounds like an awesome side effect to me! I am very optimistic that the meds will help.

Darrin's cousin Shawn watched Miles while I went to the doctor. I didn't want him at the doctor's office with sick people. Shawn & her family moved to Martin last year. We have really enjoyed having family so close. Thanks for babysitting Shawn!!! Judging from the pics, I'd say he had fun.

I love his expression in this one.


I'm going to Middle TN tomorrow to see my mom & the rest of my family there. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment