Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Weekend Wrap Up

We had a really long weekend due to some icy weather. I worked from home Thursday and Friday. I feel certain that I would not enjoy working from home full time, but a couple days every now and then is very nice. Answering emails from my recliner, under my heated throw, was a-okay.


There is always the threat of losing electricity when it comes to ice storms. Priority #1 for me was making sure my Kindle was fully charged.


We have not had good luck with our HVAC units lately and I could hear one of them making a terrible noise outside my home office (the recliner), so sent Darrin out to investigate. Thankfully, he just had to break up some ice.


Miles had his share of video games and then some. He did have a friend spend the night on Friday because I knew he was really bored after two days at home, stuck inside, with no friends. He likes his alone time, but he is also very social. Exactly like me.


Carson and I played several games. 



He also chilaxed with some screen time and movie watching. Darrin introduced him to the Lord of the Rings and he is hooked. Miles doesn't like those movies, so Darrin is very excited that Carson does. 


Granny & Pa stopped by for a quick visit as they were passing through our area. 


It was eyebrow touch up day for me on Saturday. I'm so happy that the touch up is not as shocking as the first time I got them done. I got them microshaded which is similar to microblading. It was a 2.5 hour process. It did not hurt as badly as the first time either. It's just not fun and I'm glad that this should last 2-3 years before I need another touch up. They will fade quite a bit as they heal over the next week.


By Saturday night, I had to get out of the house. I went to dinner and a movie with some friends. We went to see Redeeming Love. I loved it. I listened to the book last year and didn't care for it even though everyone I know thought it was amazing. It was the longest book I have ever listened to (17 hours) and I think it was just too much. I thought the movie was great.


Miles and Carson got in some baseball practice. Miles was trying to teach him how to catch a fly ball.


They also worked on hitting. Carson is officially signed up for t-ball and starts practice next month. Miles wants him to be ready! He said he did a really good job today. For a nice change of pace, they got along so well for over an hour. Miles was very patient with him too.


Today consisted of church, meal prep, laundry, and getting ready for the week. Darrin starts early morning practice tomorrow which means I have to take both boys to school. That's always a challenge, but I think I am as prepared as possible to have smooth mornings. Back to the real world tomorrow after 4 days at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment