Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Carson-isms

I know pretty soon, especially after he starts kindergarten, Carson is going to start pronouncing things correctly and putting words together in the proper order. So, I wanted to write a few things down to remember. I've been slower to correct Carson than I was with Miles. It just seems so cute when Carson says things and I know that once it's over, this stage is gone.


Three words that are pronounced incorrectly every time are elephant which is eph-a-lant, animal which is aminal, and ambulance which is amb-a-lance.


When he gets mad about something, he says "I'm so mad of you" or "I'm so mad of it".


When he was doing his homework tonight, he said, "I'm so good at this. I'm goated." For those of you that don't have almost teenagers, "goated" is greatest of all time. It's not just G.O.A.T. anymore...all the cool kids say goated. He picks up all Miles' slang and already sounds so grown.


As I've said before that Carson gets in his grippy moods. He was in one of those moods on the way home from Little Ninjas last night, probably because he was hungry and tired. All the problems in his world last night stemmed from only getting to invite 3 kids to his birthday party, which was last July! I finally told him I didn't want to hear another word about it. He's holding a big time grudge that he only had three friends at his party and didn't get many presents. He said that when he turns 6 he wants to have his party wherever he can have the most friends and get the most presents. 


He recently told me that there is a lady that lives in the top of the church where he goes to preschool. Her name is Mrs. Swamp. She sleeps lot and only wakes up when the kids are bad. I asked who told him this and he said no one. I have no idea if a teacher said this at some point or if it's something he made up in his mind. 


He says phrases like "Hey sir" or "Whatcha doing mister" which also makes him sound very grown.


He's been at his daycare since he was one and they know him well there so I don't really worry about the things he says, but I cannot imagine what is going to come out of his mouth at kindergarten. Miles has always had a filter and some sort of awareness. Carson, not so much. I have a feeling it is going to be very entertaining for his teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment